Monday, May 21, 2012

1:1 Research

Well, we received our iPads from our tech gals this week so we could start playing with them. I have to admit, this little toy has gone a long way with me already. I thought I was going to go nuts with a new macbook this year and the iPad for next year. The school board (I believe) is voting on the 1:1 initiative tonight. That being said, I thought I would do some research into some blogs to follow that might help me down the road. Here are some of my findings.


http://www.edutopia.org This site offers more than just a 1:1 section. It has a whole list of blogs relating to education. At the bottom of each blog, it has a "you might like these" section that I found very handy.


http://appsineducation.blogspot.com/ This guy here pretty much ended my random searching for blogs. He has a whole list of blogs on the left side his blog. 


Even though I love playing with new toys, it's great to see someone focused enough to put their thoughts down for people like me.

4 comments:

  1. A 1:1 initiative is both exciting and scary to me. There is a huge responsibility to make sure that you're implementing them appropriately. Researching how people use iPads and other technology in the classroom through blogs is a great way to build that knowledge base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great site- I am adding it to my blog reader! Thanks for the find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Matt, I going to pass this information along to my colleagues as a lot of us to just got an iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like some interesting blogs about 1;1. How about you blogging about the experience?

    Z

    ReplyDelete